When it comes to delicious vegan dishes and vegan-friendly restaurants, we have it covered. Thanks to the popularity of Veganuary and the rise in the number of people going vegan, more and more restaurants and cafes have expanded their menu to include animal-free dishes and vegan versions of your favourite meals.
To help you discover where you can find vegan food at Cabot Circus, we’ve put together a guide of the top dishes for you to try on your next shopping trip.
1. Pret a Manger as totally upped its vegetarian and vegan offerings and introduced a selection of delicious dishes, which feature vegetables as the main act. We recommend the Avocado & Chipotle Chickpeas Salad Wrap, or try the Sweet Potato Falafel and Kale, Lentil & Roasted Spices Soup.
2. Japanese dining includes plenty of dishes with vegetables as the main act, so Wagamama is a good choice for vegans. Try the Yasai Itame, £10.50 – a tasty selection of stir-fried vegetables – or get the Yasai Pad Thai, £9.75, but with egg-free noodles.
3. Italian cuisine is full of delicious dishes packed with vegetables, which can easily be adapted for vegans. Lucky for you, Carluccio’s has a special vegan menu which is bursting with veggie delights like Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico or the classic Caponata: a sweet and sour Sicilian aubergine stew, served chilled.
4. YO! Sushi has plenty of offerings that focus on the power of plants. Why not try the satisfying Tofu Katsu Curry, served with a mild curry sauce, spring onions and steamed rice? This delicious meat-free alternative is definitely a must-try!
5. If you’re looking to get your energy levels back up after a few hours of shopping, head to Starbucks for a light bite. The Grilled Veg and Grain Salad Bowl features a medley of rainbow veg, from shredded carrots and pea shoots to chargrilled broccoli and red peppers. All served with a mouthwatering chimmichurri dressing. They also serve up some great dairy-free coffee.