This is an opportunity to join a chain of Italian restaurants who pride themselves on serving up the best pizza and pasta d'amore in an authentic Italian Osteria.
Starting out in 1999 the company has grown, expanding across Europe without ever losing sight of the importance of good, authentic Italian food, blended with local recipes in each of our restaurant locations.
We are looking for motivated, tenacious individuals with excellent organisational and teamworking skills to join our restaurant in the UK. You may be expected to be responsible for:
- Following prep list created by the head chef
- Act as an ambassador for the restaurant, presenting yourself professional as the kitchen is open plan
- Working on either the pizza or pasta stations:
o Preparing pizza dough, working the pizza oven and turning and topping pizzas as well as cooking sauces
o Working the pasta cooker and producing pasta sauces from recipes for a range of dishes.
- Assisting in preparing the weekly menu, which changes on a weekly basis
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used
- Chopping and washing ingredients as necessary
- Basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workstation by sanitising surfaces and washing dishes as well as chiller units in line with HACPP Directives
- Ensuring food is cooked and prepared 'a la mamma'.
- Working alongside the rest of the team to give customers the best possible service
- Attending to kitchen duties as assigned by the manger or head chef
- Proven experience as cook preparing pizza or pasta
- Experience of working in a high pressured, fast paced team
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in the kitchen
- Strong communication skills
- Able to use a range of cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Good knowledge of proper food handling
How To Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Bristol@losteria.co.uk