ARISE Bristol (the Alliance to Reward Initiatives and Social Enterprise), is a funding stream set up by Cabot Circus to provide financial support for community-based projects in Bristol.
The initiative is designed to give assistance to activities that benefit the local community in some way, providing an opportunity for grass-roots organisations to apply for up to £1,000 for projects that have a positive impact on society.
Since it was launched in 2010, ARISE has assisted around 50 local organisations with financial support - within a wide range of areas including youth development, education & literacy, sport, performing arts and activities that benefit the elderly and disadvantages groups.
Funding has been used for a variety of purposes, from purchasing football kits, gardening tools and archery equipment, to funding workshops in care homes and creating an online presence for Old Market to promote the area to potential retail businesses.
Changes to Funding Boundaries for 2013
In 2013, ARISE will focus on supporting the South and Central Bristol areas and only organisations that are based within the below boundaries will be able to apply this year.
The city wards that fall within the focus area for 2013 are:
- Southville, Bedminster and Windmill Hill
- Brislington East, Brislington West and Knowle
- Filwood, Hengrove and Stockwood
- Bishopsworth, Hartcliffe and Whitchurch Park
- Bishopston, Cotham and Redland
- Cabot, Clifton and Clifton East
- Ashley, Easton and Lawrence Hill
- St George West and St George East
Applying for Funding
The ARISE committee is looking to receive applications from organisations based within the above areas now. The deadline for the next round of awards is Friday 7th June, and applicants will be required to complete a simple form to apply.
All requests for funding will be considered by an independent awards selection committee, which includes representatives from the Bristol Evening Post, Bristol City Council, Cabot Circus and Grayling South West.
ARISE - Funding Criteria
- Funding must be for tangible ‘goods’ or projects that have a legacy / lasting impact
- A maximum of £1,000 per group or organisation can be awarded
- If the funding is to go towards a larger project, ARISE funding should complete the funding target or a comprehensive plan for raising the additional money should be in place
In 2013, ARISE will assist organisations in the South and Central Bristol areas